Re: Acer Turion laptops

> (This on an ACER 5024WLMi, by the way.. what irritates me is that I just booted
>  from the Ubuntu live CD, and did see the battery..

this is funny, as I have it running on the very same laptop model.

I put the kernel image and -headers package I built on

http://213.178.77.236/laptop/

togehter with the kernels config. It's quick and dirty based on the
debian 2.6.12 config for amd64-k8, but without the debian patch
applied.

Hi Frederick,

   I've tried to rebuild the kernel with the configuration pulled both from the website and
   the  running kernel itself, but I can't get it to  show me the battery.. About the only thing I haven't
   tried yet is installing gcc-4.0 (bit tricky.. I'm developing code for work, which absolutely requires a
  gcc 3.x)

  Are you sure that you haven't applied any other patches ?

  By the way, using the code described on the acer_acpi homepage, I managed to  get the wireless
  working, on a homebuild 2.6.12.-5 with patches.  It's nice to be able to work in the garden, even
  though I need to set a timer to remind me of battery time.. (about 2.5 hours, on average)

  TimT.