strange error messages on bootup

Hi,

I just did a new installation on a server with dual Opterons and 8 250
G disks using RAID 10, with a total of 1 Tb usable storage space.

I can give more specs detailed if necessary.

I'm seeing lots of lines like the following scroll by at bootup

"scsi: host 4 channel 0 id 0 lun 0x642e6b6f3a202f6c has a LUN larger
than currently supported."

All these lines are similar, in that only the string after the word
'lun' differs, and there must be hundreds of them at least.

This is with both of the stock Debian kernels
kernel-image-2.6.8-11-amd64-generic and
kernel-image-2.6.8-11-amd64-k8. The machine seems to be working
completely normally as far as I can tell. However, I'm wondering if
anyone has an idea what these mesages mean, what problem it indicates,
if any, and what would be needed to fix it.

Thanks in advance.                                             Faheem.