Re: new 2.6.13 kernel

On 9/1/05, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) <jean.luc.coulon@gmail.com> wrote:
> But if you want to build an intird with mkinitrd (or --initrd option of
> make-kpkg), the initrd needs devfs which has been dropped from
> kernel-2.6.13.

I didn't know that initrd depends on it, but certainly the debian
installer needs devfs. So that means no recent kernels for the debian
installer, I guess? I certainly think that this is going to be a
problem for installing Sarge on modern machines, and an unnecessary
one too, because devfs was declared dead a long time ago.

Thomas