Re: more weird apt - bzip2.

Chris Wakefield wrote:
> I screwed things up even worse, as I copied over apt-get and dpkg
> from another install and I have a big mess now.  You are right, I
> have to fix the original problem first, but I can't fix without
> apt-get & dpkg working right, so gotta do a reinstall I think.

You may have enough working to "debootstrap" (or cdebootstrap) a new
system on top of the first one.  If that technique can convert a
system from one distro to another then it should be able to convert
from the same to the same but fixed distro.  Not sure that is helpful
to you though.  Just a passing though.

Bob