Re: mp3 encoding - lame?

On Sat August 20 2005 12:18 am, jurriaan wrote:
> I want to encode some .wav files to mp3's. There's no lame in standard
> debian amd64, so I downloaded a package from
>
> deb http://cyberspace.ucla.edu/marillat/ unstable main

There are a few packages missing from the amd64 archive because they don't
build (yet) or don't behave. Should be available at some point. I never
noticed this one was missing because I have been using oggenc for quite a
while now and it is working fine on amd64. You could use that unless you need
mp3 files.