Turion64 clock and the APIC

I've been using a Turion64 based laptop for a couple of weeks,
installed with Sarge/Pure64 in a single boot configuration,
and everything is as expected.  Just like my Athlon64 laptops.

There's just one irritating thing.  Unless I specify NOAPIC,
the system clock runs exactly twice as fast as wall clock.
It maintains that ratio irrespective of the CPU frequency.
It's true in both the Debian "kernel-image-2.6.8-11-amd64-k8"
as well as the most recent 2.6.12.5 stable release (local build).

Has anyone come across a patch to fix the problem neatly so I
can turn my the APIC again?  Just thought I'd ask on list ...
	Alex.

PS:
HP L2005: ML-34, ATI south & video, RTL8139, Broadcom, rest TI.