Re: A doubt about 32bit linker library in chroot

Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz> writes:

> Michelasso wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>> according to what is written in
>> https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html
>> to run 32bit applications in a chroot environment it is necessary to
>> have a link to the 32bit linker in the /lib path.
>> They suggest then to make a link in 64 bit /lib to the 32bit linker in
>> the chroot, in my case  /var/chroot/sarge-ia32/lib/ld-linux.so.2
>> However in my 64bit (I am running sid 64bit) /lib I have already a
>> link of this kind that points to /emul/ia32-linux/lib/ld-2.3.2.so.
>> So I am a little confused about what to do.
> isn't this coming from the ia32libs package? i think (am i right?) you
> shouldn't mix these two (i.e. chroot + ia32libs package) together...
>
> regards,

It's ia32-libs and I actualy strongly recommend mixing the two.

The ia32-libs package takes care of the ld.so.conf and has to care
about any other changes needed to get the 32bit libc working. If
something doesn't work you can file a bug. You also need the package
anyway for several amd64 packages.

MfG
        Goswin