Re: command line only run level?

if your running a headless system... just dont install
X *shrug*

X isnt really 'part' of linux, not like how the windows gui is
part of windows. its much more comparable to win311 on top
of XXdos (where XX is dr, ms, etc)

i believe gdm/kdm (although i use wdm) is started in as the last rcX.d entry, not by the init process

Dean

Craig Hagerman wrote:
Hi,

I am planning on setting up a headless file server using debian on an
AMD64 system. I just realized that (unlike other distros I have used)
Debian doesn't have a default run level for command line only (no GUI
interface). Why is this?

My question is how to set up Debian so that I DO have init 3 being
command line only?

Craig