Re: compiling module nvidia

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 11:54:35PM +0200, martellif@supereva.it wrote:
> Ok, I did the damage. How can I trust of my sarge installation now?  :-(
> Can debsums help?

Maybe, assuming all your packages have such checksums.

The uninstall option in the nvidia script may also at least remove their
files, although I doubt it puts back the ones it overwrote (unless they
now move them out of the way first).

You could always look at what files are in the nvidia packages and do a
search for each one, then find out which debian package(s) contains such
filenames, and reinstall those packages.

dpkg -S filename
apt-get --reinstall install packagename