Re: nvidia_drv in lib64 folder

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 08:34:03AM -0700, Zachary Rizer wrote:
> nvidia-glx isn't available in non-free.
>
> My sources.list ->
>
> deb http://amd64.debian.net/debian sid main contrib
> non-free
>
> But:
> apt-get install --reinstall nvidia-glx
>
> * Reinstallation of nvidia-glx is not possible, it
> cannot be downloaded.

Try adding sarge non-free and then try.  It seems to have it at the
moment.

Other option is to use the new packages from experimental and rebuild
them on amd64.  That should work too.  Someone mentioned on the list
recently where to get the packages from experimental and how to build
them on amd64 as far as I remember.

Anything is better than the nvidia installer.

> Tried using this howto ... what is m-a?  And much of
> this seems XFree-centric.  Can we use these nvidia
> packages with Xorg?

That I don't know yet.  I have mainly stayed with sarge.