Compaq R4000

Ok, I've tried about everything I can find, so I'm hoping some of you guys can
help:

I have the above mentioned laptop as sold from Office Depot.
I'm running the 2.6.11-1-k7 kernel, because its just as fast as the 64bit
install, and most things work better.
I have downloaded, and converted the ATI fglrx video drivers from ATI's site
and installed them, but I cannot compile the kernel modules.
I also cannot get sound to work, ATIIXP sound card it looks like.
The hardware clock appears to be in overdrive, running at about double speed.

I would love to get the video and clock problem fixed most of all, and if any
of you have any tips it would make things so much easier.  All my searching
to this point has been fruitless!

Oh, and BTW I just signed up to this list, even though I've been using Debian
itself for some time.

--

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.