Re: CPU burns 3

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 15:56, antonio giulio wrote:
> > Has he used a 64bit program? Using only 32bit software (only half the
> > CPU :-) may lead to much lower power consuption.
>
> I recall him: he used software for 32bit! He tell me that my system is
> tested to work only on 32bit SO. If you want use Windows (not Linux)
> x64 XP they not assure you that it's going to work! is my system
> projected to work as a 32bit?????? It's absurd!
>
> Giulio

Then you have a right to your money back under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, or
whatever equivalent legislation may apply in your country.  Goods must be fit
for the purpose described.

It is clear enough to me that the cooling system is inadequate for the 64-bit
processor when running in 64-bit mode.  If the computer was described
anywhere as having a 64-bit processor, then it has been misdescribed and you
are entitled to a refund of the full purchase price.

See also
http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/guides_to/consumerlaw/index2.shtml

Good luck getting your refund!

--
AJS
delta echo bravo six four at earthshod dot co dot uk