Re: CPU burns 3

On 8/10/05, antonio giulio <antongiulio05@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> any weeks ago, I have posted about a strange behaviour of my amd64
> cpu. GPG or molecular dynamics calcs in 3/4 minutes make cpu burning.
> Now notebook is at acer labs to control (under garantee). A technician
> (at phone) tell me that his stress-cpu program (windows) have found
> nothing (3-days running normally and again continue, however notebook
> come back in the next week).

Has he used a 64bit program? Using only 32bit software (only half the
CPU :-) may lead to much lower power consuption.

I you have to prove the point, get the XP x64 test version and run a
64bit version of GPG for windows. I hope such a think exists, since XP
x64 is still very much in its infancy.

Thomas