CPU burns 3

Hi,

any weeks ago, I have posted about a strange behaviour of my amd64
cpu. GPG or molecular dynamics calcs in 3/4 minutes make cpu burning.
Now notebook is at acer labs to control (under garantee). A technician
(at phone) tell me that his stress-cpu program (windows) have found
nothing (3-days running normally and again continue, however notebook
come back in the next week). And so, could be a problem linux
related?!?!?!?!? Ok, it's impossible that software damages hardware...

Have you any idea for other tests or what looking for?

Thanks,
Giulio