Re: Vuescan and Nikon LS-40

lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca (Lennart Sorensen) writes:

> On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 05:58:54PM -0400, Matthias Julius wrote:
>> I have mounted usbfs inside the chroot.  Is there a problem with that?
>
> I doubt it will do much.

Of course it does.  /proc/bus/usb/xxx/yyy is the interface newer
software (exactly: libusb) uses to communicate with scanners and other
devices.

>> It should not be the cause since Vuescan 8.2.11 does not see the
>> scanner outside the chroot neither.
>
> Does /dev/input/scanner* or whatever the scanner device names are exist?
>
> Does your user have rw access to the devices?

The scanner module is depreciated and not even in the debian
kernel debs.  I think it even is removed from the vanilla kernel,
but, I am not sure.

In the meantime I tried kernel 2.6.12 and it works with exactly the
same configuration.  So, appearently there was something wrong with
kernel 2.6.11.

Thanks for your effort.

Matthias