unable to install Gnome via netinstall (apt = sarge)

I'm attempting to reinstall Debian via netinstall CD. My problem comes in the packages install section where the "Desktop Environment" option fails to do anything. Some other options seem to do the right thing.

Is Gnome currently broken on sarge amd64? I'm using repository ftp.nl.debian.org. I previously tried a sid repository and had less luck - more packages seemed to be broken!

Any help?  Cheers!
Rupert Heesom