kernel packages

hi guys,

there was a thread about sources for 2.6.12 kernels on debian-user. i was just wondering how to get these sources for amd64.

they propose (for 32bit, i guess)

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian testing  main contrib non-free
to /etc/apt/sources.list
# apt-get update
# apt-cache search kernel-image
or
# apt-cache search linux-image
# apt-get install linux-image-2.6.12-1-686

apt-cache search kernel-image gives me a bunch of 2.4.x and 2.6.8-11 entries only on my machine

what i have to do to have these sources on my testing (currently kernel 2.6.11). i downloaded the packages for kernel i'm using just now myself... or are these packages in unstable only? i'd like to stay with testing, however new kernel might bring more support for my hardware...

search for 2.6.12 amd64 gave me
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/base/linux-image-2.6.12-1-amd64-k8

thanks for any hint. best regards,

--