sil3114 problem

Hello,

I got a new Computer the last days and tried to install an operating system
on it.
I used the amd64 version of sarge. When I boot, the debian installer shows,
that it loads the sil3114 module. However, when doing the partitioning,
debian shows me three independent hard disks, although I set up a raid array
in the BIOS. I know, that sil3114 is only a fake raid controller, but I
think, when the driver is loaded, the operating system should not recognize
this fact and show me the array. Am I wrong there?

Even if this is not really belonging here (but might still be a hint for a
solution), Windows XP (32 bit) crashes completely, before I am able to
create/ select a partition, no matter if the sil drivers are loaded or not.

I am using the Gigabyte GA-K8N Ulta-SLI mainboard.

I would be very thankful, if someone could help me out here. I do not want
to buy a Promise controller, but will have to, if I can not set up my system
with the sil3114.

Regards,
Matt