Re: libsdl

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 03:17:12PM +0200, Jonas Forsslund wrote:
> Hello
> I am using debian sid
> (deb http://bach.hpc2n.umu.se/debian-amd64/debian/ sid main contrib)
> and it works fine, but I would like to run some demos depending on sdl.
> seems like i can't install libsdl

Does contrib do much without non-free?

> libsdl1.2-dev cant install depending on libartsc0-dev which is not going
> to install.
>
> libartsc0-dev: depends: libartsc0 (= 1.3.2-4) but 1.4.0-0pre2 will be
> installed E: Broken packages

I assume libarts is part of kde's artsd which would probably make it
C++.  It is probably going through the C++ ABI transition and causing
broken depends like everything else C++ related in sid at the moment.

> what is wrong here? And what is the difference between the libsdl-* packages
> and libsdl1.2debian-* packages?
>
> Btw, the demo i would like to build and run is 4k intro winner of assembly
> 2005:
> http://www.scene.org/file.php?file=%2Fparties%2F2005%2Fassembly05%2Fin4k%2Fmake_it_4k_by_fit___bandwagon_1.tgz&fileinfo

Well hopefully soon the transition will be all done in sid and things
will return to normal.