Re: AMD64 + Sarge i386

> Hi everyone. I'm using the i386 port of Sarge on an AMD64. I'm trying
> to load the powernow-k8 module, but I get the following error:
>
> FATAL: Error inserting powernow_k8
> (/lib/modules/2.6.8-2-386/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/powernow-k8.ko):
> No such device

I had to update the bios on my machine (which is a Shuttle SN95G5 v1)
before this module would load.  It did exactly as you report, I upgraded
the bios, and now the module loads and powernowd appears to work.  Note
that this is running the x86 kernel and distribution at this time.

Take care,
  Dale
--
Dale E. Martin - dale@the-martins.org