Re: Mplayer/Totem slow motion

Il giorno lun, 01/08/2005 alle 12.05 +0200, antonio giulio ha scritto:
> > however, sis has no 3d acceleration (dri). i think you should use
> > mplayer with -vo xv. it works file with movies, on my laptop.
>
> and so DRI settings are unuseful?

i am afraid of so. i have given up on my laptop, but that's really
rubbish. oh wait, see what http://www.x.org/X11R6.8.2/doc/SiS2.html
says:

Option "DRI" boolean]

        Although this option is accepted for all chipsets, it currently
        only makes sense on the 300 series; DRI is only supported on
        these chipsets. This option enables/disables DRI.

> With my xorg.conf settings movies seem ok now, but when I try to show
> a video stream from mozilla-mplayer (tested with 2.7 and 3.0 version)
> I have slow-motion again.

with all kind of streams, or just some streams? just in case it was a
codec issue...
another thing: are you using mplayer from a chroot, by any chance?

> > if it keep bothering you, try xfree, and see if the problem is the same,
> > or if it's just xorg.
>
> Before I have used xfree 4.3 (from debian stable) and then xorg 6.8.2.
> I have read various related infos about this, and they affirmed that
> this problem was solved from "new xorg" or xfree 4.4.
>
> Giulio

6.8.2 happens to be the latest release. "new xorg" is supposed next
release or latest release?

are you running sarge?

r.