Re: Successful install, but no boot

On 2005-06-14 @ 11:08:27 (week 24) Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> Doesn't the install cd have a rescue mode anymore?  I know they did in
> the past but I haven't used it in a long time.

Well, I can't break out of the netinstall. I tried exit and even CTRL-C
from the prompt, but to no avail.

I did notice something else though when studying syslog:

Jun 13 20:31:43 localhost kernel: hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x61
Jun 13 20:31:43 localhost kernel: hda: DMA timeout error
Jun 13 20:31:43 localhost kernel: hda: dma timeout error: status=0x58 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest }
Jun 13 20:31:43 localhost kernel:
Jun 13 20:31:43 localhost kernel: ide: failed opcode was: unknown

Do you or someone else know whether this indicates a hardware problem, or is
it just a harmless status message?

Sincerely,

HdV