Re: Clock problems

Javier Kohen wrote:

>El lun, 30-05-2005 a las 12:38 -0400, John Baab escribió:
>

>>Every time I try to use hwclock I get this error:
>>hwclock: Open of /dev/rtc failed, errno=2: No such file or directory.
>>No usable clock interface found.
>>Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
>>

>Make sure the rtc module is loaded, or compiled in the kernel.
>

>>Anyone have any ideas?  Odly enough if I change my clock preferences
>>to use UTC then it displays the "correct" time.
>>

>Well, maybe it is indeed set to UTC.

I'm using udev, hotplug and kernel 2.6 and I get the same error. Before
last update indeed, all was right. If I modprobe rtc the hardware clock
does get updated, but I can't understand why now the module doesn't get
loaded automatically.

--
Alessandro Dal Grande
Student In The University Of Padua - Computer Science

Put the fan back into computing