Re: Marvell Yukon device (MSI K8N Neo4)

Per Lundberg <per@halleluja.nu> writes:

> I think I tried this one with no success; there was a problem with
> compiling it I think. Do you use the stock Debian kernel or a
> hand-compiled?

I build my own kernels, but stick pretty close to stock Debian sources
-- aside from dropping in the newer sk98 driver, I just make a couple
of one-line changes to unrelated files, and of course customize the
heck out of the configuration. ;-)

There *were* PCI API changes circa 2.6.10 that made some versions of
the driver compile to build without appropriate tweaking, but
SysKonnect fixed that problem in subsequent versions of their code;
I'm now running 8.15, which works fine as is with 2.6.11 (at least as
patched by Debian), and the official stable version was up to 8.16
when I checked the other day.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.