Re: Debian AMD64 Archive Move

On 10 May 2005, 17:19, Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> > Just establish the non-free section and move everything over.  If anyone
> > complains then just drop the package they're complaining about.  Of course,
> > NO ONE is going to complain since they know we will "become" Debian soon
> > anyway (and for all intents we ARE Debian - just not on their server), and
> > they've already given Debian permission to distribute.  For the rest of
> > non-free, permission to distribute is not an issue, and not the reason
> > they're in non-free to begin with.
>
> The pine author would for one thing.

Just out of curiosity, are pine sources distributed in "official" Debian Sarge?

(the usual yes/no reply will suffice :))

> In one point you are right though:
>
> NO ONE IS GOING TO CARE ABOUT OUR NON-FREE! None of us anyway. With
> the exception of nvidia* package it seems. That is the only package
> that users missed so far.

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/non-free/n/nvidia-graphics-drivers/nvidia-graphics-drivers_1.0.7174-3/nvidia-glx.copyright

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems quite clear to me. Isn't it?

Btw, when will come the time to check non-free will you please, pretty
please, put an eye to lha package too? Thanks in advance :))

--
 <@,@>  Il corpo del povero cadrebbe subito in pezzi
 [`-']  se non fosse legato ben stretto dal filo dei sogni