Re: apt wants to remove bash, base-files; other move questions

David Wood <obsidian@panix.com> writes:

> OK, I'm guessing you guys tweaked the version numbering during the move?
> So I think I need to force myself to a different version of base-files
> and libc.

We tweaked it about 4 month ago to get an unpached libc6 and
base-files into sid amd64 and sarge amd64. Has nothing to do with the
move.

> Hey, I wonder what will happen if I'm wrong and I mess this up?

hehe, sorry to do this to you, but thats also in the ML. You end up
without ld where it should be and no dynamic binary starts anymore.
Keep a boot cd ready if you are unsure.

> Why don't I ask, just to be sure.
>
> And for this, I get the response above.
>
> You probably think I don't know what it's like to be in your shoes and
> do a lot of work for nothing and have to answer stupid questions all the
> time. You're wrong. I know what it's like. But do you know what it feels
> like to try to use pure64 right now?
>
> Regards,
> -David

I just told you where to look. Nothing against you. The ML archive is
full about this so everyone should be able to find it. The last big
thread was when the new libc6 got uploaded.

MfG
        Goswin