Re: apt wants to remove bash, base-files; other move questions

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 23:21 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> And yet another person that hasn't been reading the ML for the last
> half year. Go fish.

I know I'm ignorant and I screwed up, that much is obvious. But can I at
least tell you what this looked like from my perspective?

Is there any info on this move, this problem, anywhere other than this
mailing list?

I wasn't able to find it.

Your HOWTO isn't up to date. Your debian.org port page had some current
info but nothing about this problem.

Mailing lists are a disorganized, unreliable way to convey information.

I've been on the list for a while, but I'm not an expert like you and I
don't always understand everything or its relevance.

I also re-read the archives before I asked my question, and I said so
("I saw some traffic on the list that looked similar"). Searching on
libc gives a lot of hits that don't all immediately seem clear.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/05/msg00151.html

This seems similar, but not quite the same problem. This looks closer:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/04/msg00238.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2005/04/msg00242.html

OK, I'm guessing you guys tweaked the version numbering during the move?
So I think I need to force myself to a different version of base-files
and libc.

Hey, I wonder what will happen if I'm wrong and I mess this up?

Why don't I ask, just to be sure.

And for this, I get the response above.

You probably think I don't know what it's like to be in your shoes and
do a lot of work for nothing and have to answer stupid questions all the
time. You're wrong. I know what it's like. But do you know what it feels
like to try to use pure64 right now?

Regards,
-David