Re: Debian AMD64 Archive Move

Ed Cogburn wrote:

> >  Note: non-free is NOT provided yet. We need to decide what we do with
> >  it, as we may be forbidden to distribute some of the software in it (we
> > aren't Debian).
>

> Wait a second, if you *aren't* Debian, it should be *easier* for you to
> provide non-free, not harder.

Nope.  It is guaranteed that all packages in the main archive are
distributable by anybody, whether they're the Debian project or not
(DFSG#8).  This is not necessarily the case for non-free packages,
hence they'd have to be examined individually to determine whether the
licence was acceptable.

Cameron.