Re: VMware

On Friday 06 May 2005 12:26 am, DR GAVIN SEDDON wrote:
> Hi,
> Vmware 5.0 works fine on 64 bit.  Getfrom
> http://www.vmware.com/products/desktop/ws_features.html
> If it's available try the beta.
> Gavin

AFAIKT from the VMware site, VMware supports specific versions of
distros/kernels. It is ambiguous, at least to me, to say they support
64bit when they say they support  i.e. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8 -
stock 2.4.19, 64-bit. Suse includes the ia32-libs so does this mean
VMware will run on a pure64 OS or only one with the appropriate 32 bit
libraries loaded.

--
Greg C. Madden