Re: Prob with nvidia and X11 on pure64bit

On Friday 06 May 2005 01:43 pm, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 08:12:16PM +0200, Oliver wrote:
> > i couldn't find this package.
> >
> > #apt-cache search nvidia
> >
> > results in
> >
> > nvidia-cg-toolkit
> > nvidia-kernel-common
> > nvidia-settings
> >
> > My sources.list consists of the following entries:
> >
> > deb http://amd64.debian.net/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
> > deb-src http://amd64.debian.net/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
> >
> > Do i need additional entries? Last time i did an apt-get update is
> > some minutes ago.
>
> non-free packages may be missing due to the archive move and/or change
> to gcc-4.0.  They did exist in debian-pure64/sarge a few weeks ago.
>
> Len Sorensen

Well, as of today I run up against a stone wall:

nvidia-glx:
 Depends: nvidia-kernel-1.0.7174  but it is not installable
and dpkg -l nvidia-kernel* shows
ii  nvidia-kernel- 1.0.7174-1     NVIDIA binary kernel module common files
ii  nvidia-kernel- 1.0.7174-3     NVIDIA binary kernel module source

so what gives?

I have tried bytkeeper, alioth and some other repo, all report the same
thing.  Nothing in alt-versions according to synaptic, checked sarge and
sid distros.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com