Re: Release critical bugs for amd64/sarge

Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel@t-online.de> writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>>
>> Learn about chroots NOW. :)
>>

> Can you reproduce this problem? AFAIK this is not
> supposed to happen. And other applications without
> X inside seem to work.

That is exatly what is to be expected to happen. Using gcc-4.0 is
highly experimental. It did and will break all over the place all the
time for a good while to come. It is there to find and fix those
problems before Debian itself decides to switch over.

If you can't live with it breaking all the time then don't use it for
your main system but only for a chroot. That's how you test things
without tying a nose around your neck.

> The problem seems to be bound to libX11.so.6, which has
> not been built since April 11th. Unfortunately the
> source tree on http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/gcc4
> does not include the sources for XFree86, so I cannot
> rebuild the "official" version.
>

> Regards
>
> Harri

MfG