Re: Sarge Freeza and AMD64

Jonathan Schaeffer <joschaeffer@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Does the declaration of Sarge Freeze involve the amd64 repository too ?
>
> How does it impact amd64 branch ?
>
> Will you follow the planning to release sarge amd64 ?

Yes, yes and yes.

> (What I found on the Net about the planning :
> 5-8 Mai 2005 : Bug Squashing Party
> 18 Mai 2005 : ~15 RC bugs
> 27 Mai 2005 : 0 RC bugs
> 30 Mai 2005 : Release )
>
> Do you, packagers, need some help ?
>
> Could you cmmunicate something on this matter ?
>
> Thanks a lot.

util-linux and syslinux need bugfixes in sarge. Both in the BTS for
ages. If you want to help NMU them (following NMU policy) or get the
maintainers to finaly do some work for us.

Anything else still buggy in sarge will most likely hit the delete
button unless there is a compelling argument to patch it, maintain
that patch for the next 2 years and do security tracking for it.

MfG
        Goswin