Re: AMD64 archive move

On 10278 March 1977, Stephen Frost wrote:

> * Joerg Jaspert (joerg@debian.org) wrote:
>> We also intend to offer a push-mirror service for interested mirrors, so
>> if you are an interested mirror admin please contact me and I will come
>> back to you with further instructions, as soon as we are sure our
>> archive is clean.
> What about for private mirrors?  Will rsync be available (as it was on
> alioth)?  If so, what's the rsync URL so I can update my mirror scripts? :)

It is generally available, just limited to 6 concurrent users as to many
rsyncs can kill machines. (Well, this should be able to do more, but atm
we have 6 :)
So best is for users to wait a few days and use one of the mirrors that
are nearer to them.

--
bye Joerg
Yeah, patching debian/rules sounds like changing shoes while running the