Re: bzflag segfualts

On Sunday 01 May 2005 05:36 am, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Damon Chesser <damon@damtek.com> writes:
>
> > Bzflag randomly segfaults, no other errors shown when run from a term,
just
> > "segfault".  Anybody else seeing this?  Nvidia drivers installed 64bit,
> > bzflag 64 bit.
> > --
> > Damon L. Chesser
> > damon@damtek.com
>
> Can you run it in gdb and make a backtrace? And maybe compile it with
> debug symbols first?
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

I would be happy to, but I don't know how to do that stuff, a simple how to
would suffice.  I compiled the code for bzflag and have the same problem.  In
32bit what I see with my hardware is like a one sec "no response time" where
everything freezes and then I am back in the game, one to two seconds later,
same course I was on, just farther down the road.  Since I see problems on
both the 64bit I compiled, 64bit apt-got, and 32bit apt-got, I think it is
prob. not the code, but maybe my vid card/video drivers (nvidia)  I have no
way of testing this out. I see this "time warp" in 32bit, on two machinse
both useing the save vid card (nvidia geforce 4 mx440).  That is everything I
know about this issue.  Anything you want me to do, just let me know, or let
me know how.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com