Re: K8 Mainboards Linux compatibility list

Hi all,

I've been running the Asus K8V-X motherboard on Debian AMD64 since the beginning of this year, with no problems whatsoever. SATA support comes out of the box with sata_via, and the onboard 1Gbit ethernet chip is supported by the sk98lin driver (at least in 100Mbit mode). I'm NOT using the onboard RAID 'support' though, so I'm not sure about that one. Sound works with snd-via82xx, but I have to set PCM to ~50 % to make sure bass sounds good. Setting the master to a high level doesn't impact sound quality though. It's not a problem, but I'm not really sure what's causing this.

Reply (to the list or privately) if you need more information.

Greetings,

David Hartveld

Max wrote:
Craig,

Leave question marks in the corresponding fields. Hopefully somebody will fill them up later.

Max

Craig Puetz wrote:

I am using an ASUS K8V-X mb and  have working sound. As it is not yet
listed, I would add it to the WIKI, but I am not using the onboard
ethernet, nor do I have a SATA drive. I am not sure of the protocols -
should I add to the list with partial info, and if so, how should I
indicate that some features are not tested?

Max wrote:

Hi!

I've put a copy of K8 Mainboards Linux compatibility list in WiKi at
http://wiki.debian.net/?Mainboards So now everyone can easily add / fix
anything in the list. Help yourself ;)

I think it would be a good idea to have the Debian-AMD64 FAQ in WiKi as
well...

Max