Re: kernel 2.6.11

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:38:44 BST
replying to <james@total-carnage.org> :

> That explains a lot... like why I can always seems to download things
> before they reach sarge... :) I kept getting confused when people said
> "package xxx hasn't been released in sarge yet, its still in sid", yet
> I already had it ;)
>
> Thanks for clearing that up, guys :)
> James

OK.
This thread has confused me.

I, like James have the following sources.list:
deb http://bach.hpc2n.umu.se/pure64 testing main contrib non-free
deb-src http://bach.hpc2n.umu.se/pure64 testing main contrib non-free
and also have 2.6.11 kernels available for installation.

Could someone please explain the difference between using
.../pure64 ....
and using
.../debian-pure64/ ...
in sources.list ??

I also do not understand how I could be using "testing" and end up with
"sid" which is "unstable" AFAIK ??

Thanks a mill.

*****
Lourens Steenkamp