Re: Status

Nvidia absolutely has the best drivers of those two.  I would not
personally buy an ATI for running a Linux system.

thats the quick summary im after. thanks

also whats mainboard support like

Well the list has had a number of messages on that you can find in the
archive.  I think I have seen people mention good results with the Asus
A8N-SLI, and I have no problem with the Asus A8V-Deluxe (although of
course the promise 20378 doesn't have a driver yet).

im looking at a pci-e dfi lanparty board
I have no experience with dfi.  I have 13 years of good experience with
Asus boards though.

oh 'lanparty' thats the name of the line.
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_spec_details_r_us.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=3469&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&SITE=US

thats the model im planning on getting
cool uv aside it has good specs.

chipset is NVIDIA nForce4 SLI, so i guess im interested on experience
with that. how well sli goes (probably more nvidias problem)

audio ill just go look on alsa. ill assume alsa is properly ported

Dean
--
WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au
EMAIL: dean@bong.com.au       or       djzort@bong.com.au