Re: sys_ioctl under amd64 (Was: AMD64 patch for flavio's fglrx debs)

 On April 10th at 19:24, Thomas Steffen wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2005 6:42 PM, Cyril Chaboisseau <cyril.chaboisseau@free.fr> wrote:
> > - I have 2 X sessions running at the same time (:0 and :1 respectively
> >   on vt7/vt8) and 3D acceleration is only enable on one of them
>
> You should consider yourself very lucky. When I try to start another X
> server, everything freezes up :-(.

well, I also had the same problem and it took me a while to figure out
how to circumvent this glitch :

I had to use the VGA output instead of the DVI I was always using

if you have a CRT (or TFT like I do) that has 2 input, then try VGA
instead

...but maybe it's already what you have in which case I cannot help you

> Seriously: I think the Linux console switching is broken by design,
> and especially 3D acceleration is usually only working on one console.
> In theory it should be possible to release DRM before switching to
> another console, but most drivers don't do that.

do you think it's the "console switching" or the XFree86 drivers ?

in any case there is indeed something broken !

--
	Cyril Chaboisseau