Re: tg3 + kernel-image-2.6.11-9* .... How do we know when it will work?

Hello,

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 01:01:57PM +0200, Thomas Steffen wrote:
> > Does it work yet? Is there somewhere to track this so we know when it
> > will work?
>
> I don't think so. I had the same problem on i386, and it seems that
> the non-free part of the kernel source is not there yet.

Indeed kernel-source-nonfree-2.6.11 is stuck in the NEW queue, waiting
to be added to the archive.

> > I am new to debian, so I'm not sure what my options are here.
>
> Other people may disagree, but I would recommend to stick with a 32bit userland.

I suggest either 64bit kernel, 64bit userland, or 32bit kernel, 32bit
userland. Running a mixed setup with 64bit kernel and 32bit userland
only causes trouble and things like iptables, NVidia drivers or the
xfs filesystem currently do not work in this setup.

If you have an AMD64 box, run debian-pure64 sarge or sid.

Kind regards
Frederik Schueler

--
ENOSIG