VMware in pure64?

Hi,

Have any of you got VMware working in pure64? I've tried all kinds of
combinations, 5 Beta, 4.5.2 with any-any-update89 patch, inside,
outside, or partially inside the ia32 chroot, but it never seems to
work. In the worst case (installing inside chroot) it can't build the
kernel modules, in the best case so far (installing in pure64), it
installs fine but the bridged ethernet interface says "failed" instead
of "done" and it considers VMware being incorrectly configured from
then on.

If you've successfully installed VMware, please let me know how it's
done.

  Andras

P.S.: The chroot works fine for most things (OO, mplayer, etc.),
      except Mozilla Firefox.