Re: Muse, QJackctl etc. problems

Oh - I remember, I'm lying through my teeth.

I apt-get upgraded today!

James Titcumb wrote:

Hi Free,

That did indeed get rid of the message. For some reason (even before I loaded snd-seq-midi), qjackctl now starts without any problems... strange, as nothing has changed (as far as I know!).

Muse however still does not load :(. Now gives me:

james@bathory4:~$ muse
No superuser privileges, enabling system timer fallback
no locale <muse_en_GB>/</usr/share/muse/locale>
locale <en_GB>
panic: alloc 56
Segmentation fault

Thanks for your help, now qjackctl doesn't complain about MIDI! :)

Many thanks,
James

Free Ekanayaka wrote:

|--==> Daniel James writes:

 DJ> Hi James,
 >>I was wondering if anyone had managed to get Muse or QJackctl to
 >>work??

DJ> I have qjackctl running under Ubuntu x86_64, but I also see 'Could not DJ> open ALSA sequencer'. I assumed it was due to not having a MIDI DJ> device on this laptop, but the Delta 1010 definitely has one -
To get rid of the message try loading the snd-seq-midi module.

Cheers,

Free