Re: ASUS A8V-E Deluxe working

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 08:09:16PM +0200, Oliver Korpilla wrote:
> On my new MSI board there is a note in the manual, that you cannot
> connect the power wrong, even if both connectors don't match. Is this
> standard?

You mean it says not to worry that you can't do it wrong?  Quite likely
given the connector has shapped plastic around some pins so that it can
only fit in one place (unlike some of the old AT power connectors where
you had to remember black went in the middle).  I would be surprised if
the new 24pin connector is not just a 20pin ATX combined with the 4pin
P4 12V connector in one, so that a new board can still use the older
power supply with the seperate connectors.  But having not seen the new
24pin connector myself, I am only guessing.