Re: ASUS A8V-E Deluxe working

Lennart Sorensen schrieb:

Ah, and for those who consider buying this board, it has a 24-pin EATX
power connector, but I'm using it with a 20-pin ATX power supply
(Aerocool 450W) with no problems so far. I've read elsewhere that this
shouldn't be a problem, the 4 pins that are unconnected only carry
voltages that are present among the 20 connected pins anyway.

Interesting.  I didn't know the A8V-E had a different power connector
than the A8V does (which has just 20pin ATX + 4 pin P4 12V connector).

On my new MSI board there is a note in the manual, that you cannot connect the power wrong, even if both connectors don't match. Is this standard?

With kind regards,
Oliver