ASUS A8V-E Deluxe working

Hi,

Since the list of supported mainboards doesn't contain this model, I'd
like to ask you to add it:

  board:	ASUS A8V-E Deluxe
  ATA:		VIA
  RAID:		? (not tried)
  SATA:		? (not tried)
  network:	sk98lin (*) on PCIe
  WLAN:		Marvell (?, not tried)
  sound:	via82xx

For reference:
  CPU:		Athlon64 3000+ (1.8GHz, 512kB cache)
  memory:	Kingston HyperX PC3200 CAS3, 2x512MB kit

(*) The only thing that was problematic was the network. I used
debian-installer over tftp/PXE to install a Debian system (with a
separate PCI network card), then downloaded a new kernel (2.6.11.6)
and the newer sk98lin driver from Syskonnect, called
"install-8_15.tar.bz2". I used the latter to create a patch to the
kernel, applied it, built the kernel and the new sk98lin network works
just fine. All this was done within the sid pure64 distribution,
default gcc is 3.3.5.

The graphics card (ASUS AX600PRO) works OK with the VESA driver, the
ATI 64 bit one doesn't build on this kernel, I hope an update is in
the pipeline.

Ah, and for those who consider buying this board, it has a 24-pin EATX
power connector, but I'm using it with a 20-pin ATX power supply
(Aerocool 450W) with no problems so far. I've read elsewhere that this
shouldn't be a problem, the 4 pins that are unconnected only carry
voltages that are present among the 20 connected pins anyway.

  Andras