Re: Booting on nforce3 with SATA

Zafod Biblbrox wrote:

| Hi all,
|
| I'm trying to do a net boot on a nforce3 chipset (uses sata_nv module)
with
| Seagate 160GB SATA drive, but the drive is not recognized:

Yesterday I used the debian installer on a gigabit board that also has the nforce3 chipset, and sata_nv wasn't available on boot. I installed Linux on a drive on the sata_sil driver and then installed a 2.6.12-rc1 kernel, which has a working sata_nv driver (and a working
forcedeth NIC driver to go with it.

You might consider booting with Kanotix http://kanotix.com/files/kanotix64/ currently
on 2.6.10 with patches, and using that to compile the kernel you need.

Dave