Gigabyte K8NS installation report

The system is running fine.

Using the latest debian sarge netinstall I encountered two problems:

1. SATA_NV (of the nforce3 250 chipset) was not detected, the driver
not loaded, and the drives on it not detected. SATA_SIL saved the
day until I discovered what had happened.

2. nforcedeth loaded and blocked traffic. I didn't test this extensively,
but the story appears to be that nforce3 250 contains a gigabit NIC,
but it's not activated in the Gigabyte K8NS board. The D-I still detects
it and loads the driver. This appears to block the operation of the
driver for the Marvell Yukan, sk98lin, which works fine once the other
is unloaded.

I installed the 2.6.12-rc1 kernel and as an unexpected bonus got a
driver for the pcHDTV. I installed three of them on this board and
was able to watch tv on either one. I haven't tried to use them
simultaneously yet. mencoder sees the tv but segfaults.

Dave