Re: Another program for burning dvds

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 01:28:08PM -0800, Max wrote:

/usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.DVD.Debian describes four "official" ways to burn DVD under Debian. Personally, I like the last one with patched cdrecord which is to be manually compiled. There are simple instructions for that. But to get the job done you may need to additionally install the following packages: dpatch autotools-dev smake

If that patch involves the 'dvdrecord' patch then unless someone else
has taken over, or this is yet another patch, then it only supports
Pioneer A03/103 properly, and isn't maintained very well (if at all).

Patched cdrecord works fine with my NEC ND-1300A dvd burner.
At least it's not worse than commercial cdrecord-ProDVD.

Certainly I prefer growisofs for burning DVDs.  Never fails.

I use growisofs as well but for DVD+R[W] media.

Max