Re: powernowd / stock kernels

Hi all,

Thank you very much. This was the hint that forced me to look elsewere ;-)
I replaced my Q-TEC 350W PSU (which is very silent) with some no-name
PSU a friend had lying around. And guess what - no more lockups.

regards,
Mike

Hi,

I have the K8T Neo-FIS2R Mainboard, also latest BIOS (v2.0). In the beginning (the board came with v1.4) nothing which is related to power and ACPI did work. Since BIOS v1.9 ACPI and Cool'n'Quiet using powernowd finally works perfectly. No problems throttling up or down whatsoever; while writing this my CPU (AMD64 3000+) is constantly around 26°C. Are you sure you have no thermal problems or other hardware related issues?

Greets,
    Jens

Michael Wagener wrote:

Hi,

would you mind posting your type of mainboard?
I have CnQ running but sometimes the machine locks up hard when the
CPU tries to throttle up. Throttling down and running full-speed w/o
powernowd works fine though :-|

I'm trying to hunt this down and assuming a Board/BIOS/CMOS problem.

I am using a AMD64 3500+ on a MSI K8T Neo2 board (last BIOS).

Thank you,
Mike