Re: Mythtv

 Don> On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, A. P. Kennedy wrote:
 >> Hi,
 >>
 >> Has anyone had any luck running mythtv and with what card.
 >> Currently using ivtv with random lockups under amd64, but i386 is
 >> stable. Using latest ivtv driver and myth 0.16 debs recompiled for
 >> amd64.
 >>

 Don> Hi Alan,

 Don> I 've been able to compile and install the mythtv debs with
 Don> gcc-3.4. I had a couple of problems building the ivtv driver and
 Don> haven't yet been able to get it installed properly. Where did
 Don> you get your "latest" source for ivtv? I got the "latest-cvs"
 Don> and it unpacked as 0.1.9 with some known 2.6 patches improperly
 Don> applied.

 Don> Regards,

 Don> Don ________________ Don Hayward at pomobuli.net

http://205.209.168.201/~ckennedy/ivtv/

You need at least  ivtv-0.2.0-rc3c.tgz or better to compile on amd64.
It compiles nicely with some minor warnings with gcc-3.4. I have been
able to compile everything but as everyone knows a clean compile does
not mean that it will run perfectly. Anyway the problem is with mythtv
because the ivtv driver works fine with xine, and mplayer. I'm not
sure if mythtv is 64 bit ready or not. I was wondering if there were
any 64 bit patches running around for mythtv, or something else that
I'm missing? This is the only show stopper to make the jump to 64 bit.
I guess I could stop watching TV, and use my computer for something
productive ;-)).

Note the 0.1.9 was the last stable release, but the bleeding edge
releases have amd64 support directly.

Thanks for the info from everyone.

Alan