Re: /usr/X11R6/lib64 symlink for amd64

clone 259302 -1
retitle -1 xfree86-common: provide /usr/X11R6/lib64 compatibility symlink on amd64 systems
reassign -1 xfree86-common
severity -1 wishlist
thanks

[I am not subscribed to debian-amd64.]

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 06:40:42PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Hello.
>
> The amd64 porters have asked me that I add several symlinks to base-files
> (see Bug #259302) for the amd64 architecture. As base-files itself does
> not even contain the /usr/X11R6/lib directory on the other architectures,
> I consider adding /usr/X11R6/lib64 to base-files an ugly hack.
>
> Would the X maintainers be willing to add the /usr/X11R6/lib64 symlink
> to the xfree86-common package? I think it would be much more suitable.

Yeah, okay.

As long as AMD64 is both unofficial and I only have to ship this lib64
thing for unofficial architectures, it will survive the ordinarily level of
strict scrutiny I would apply.

I still say "/lib64" is one of the nastiest pieces of shit I've ever
heard of.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     If you're handsome, it's flirting.
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     If you're a troll, it's sexual